If you prefer staying at Marriott hotels, you may have already been offered the Marriot Rewards credit card. Issued by JPMorgan Chase, this card is especially crafted for people who frequent any Marriott hotel across the globe. Since this is a rewards card, it lets you earn points from the hotel’s loyalty program, which you can exchange for a number of special offers.
There are three types of Marriot Rewards card: Standard, Premier, and the Business card. In this article, we will focus on the standard card, its features, and why it is a must-have for all avid Marriott hotel fans.
Advantages of the Marriot Rewards Credit Card
Chase has revamped its perks, making this rewards card one of the best in the market. Whether you will be traveling for business or for pleasure, here are the top reasons why you should sign up for the card:
- Waived Annual Fee. This card waives the annual fee for the first year, which means you get to enjoy using the card without having to worry about paying for its use at the end of the year. After the first year, you may already be asked to pay the annual fee. However, you still can enjoy great offers as its annual fee is much lower compared to other hotel rewards cards.
- Earn Rewards. There are a ton of Marriott locations around the world. Whenever you stay on any of these Marriot hotels and use your card for any transaction, you are eligible to earning points or rewards. Note that the rewards only apply for purchases and not on other transactions, such as cash advances and balance transfers.
- Welcome Bonus. Anyone who signs up for the card is eligible to receive thousands of points as welcome bonus. In addition, there is also a two-night free stay given to new sign ups. These welcome bonuses, though, may only be availed if you have reached their minimum required spending amount during the first three months of card ownership.
- Visa Signature. The Marriott Rewards card is a Signature tier Visa plastic, giving you plenty of exclusive benefits, such as round the clock concierge service, purchase protection of up to $500, warranty extension of up to one year, auto rental damage insurance, lost luggage insurance, travel accident insurance, disaster cash disbursement, and emergency card replacement.
- Free Stays. Once you have accumulated enough points, you can use them for free hotel stays. The maximum number of points you need is only 40,000 for one night, which can be used at category 8 Marriot hotels. Furthermore, whenever you utilize your points at category 7 or 8 hotels, you get additional points.
The Marriot Rewards credit card also allows you to exchange your points for airline miles, car rentals, train transportation, and cruises. You can even redeem points for shopping, donation, and other services and packages.
Apply for the Indigo Mastercard Here - Excellent Credit Not Required
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Also, I get commissions for purchases or applications made through links in this post. View our full Advertiser Disclosure Here