Americanexpress.com/Goldbenefits The American Express® Gold Card Benefits
If you strive to pay off your balances in full each month, the American Express® Gold card is one of the best options for you. It is a charge card; therefore, it is always required that you never carry a balance. Although the rewards come at a hefty price, this premium card can be of great value to you, especially if you travel and purchase a lot.
The rewards offered by this card can easily be matched by standard credit cards. However, just like other cards from American Express, its value lies on its exclusive benefits. The following are some of the perks you can enjoy if you have this card:
- No interest rates – You will never incur interest as long as you pay all your balances on time and in full each billing period.
- Reputable customer service assistance – American Express has been widely renowned for being always ready to serve the consumers.
- One point for every dollar – All purchases are eligible to help you accumulate points. The non-tiered rewards system is very simple to understand.
- Shop online – Earn more points, up to 10x more, if you purchase online at any partner retailer.
- Several kinds of rewards – There are many options for the rewards you can redeem, including merchandise, gift cards, electronic gadgets, travel discounts, signature clothing, and a whole lot more.
- Points transfer – If you are a member of any participating frequent flyer program, you can transfer your points at an attractive rate. Use the points to save money on your next flight.
- No restrictions on the points – Points never expire and you can collect as many points as you want all year round.
- Get protected – Eligible purchases are protected against theft and accidental damage. You can even ask extension for the original warranty provided to you by the merchant. All of these can be obtained for free.
- Nonstop roadside assistance – If your car broke down in the middle of the road, one call is all you need to gain help. Plus, wide-ranging rental car insurance is provided as well.
- Baggage insurance –Checked bags are covered in case of loss or damage.
- VIP treatment and preferred seating – You are the boss whenever you have your American Express® Gold Card. Seat where you like at concerts and sporting events.
- Presale ticket access – Buy tickets that are not even out to the general public yet.
- Global Assist Hotline – Any issues encountered while you are away from home will be taken care of. All you need to do is call the hotline and you can get the matter solved wherever the issue took place.
The only downside to the American Express® Gold card is that if you miss a repayment, you will be subject to high penalty fees and even cause the delinquency of your account. You have every power to extend your payment on specific purchases made, though. You only need to contact AMEX to request for the extension.
The American Express® Gold card comes charges a high annual fee after the first year of card ownership. Nevertheless, the benefits easily match the high fee and the total cost of the card.
Disclaimer: This content is not provided or commissioned by American Express. Opinions expressed here are author’s alone, not those of American Express, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by American Express. This site may be compensated through American Express Affiliate Program.
Apply for the Indigo Mastercard Here - Excellent Credit Not Required
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Also, I get commissions for purchases or applications made through links in this post. View our full Advertiser Disclosure Here