Americanexpress.com/Gold The American Express® Gold Card
American Express is one of the oldest credit card issuers in the world. They are well-known for providing superior services and benefits to cardholders. Of all the cards from AMEX, one cannot deny that the American Express® Gold card has become a status symbol. Average people cannot afford this card and will most likely be denied if they apply for it anyway.
The American Express® Gold card is not your ordinary credit card. In fact, it is not a credit card, but a charge card. Along with the superb features, such as no interest rates and no spending limits, there is one downside – the huge annual fee. The $125 yearly charge is enough to throw people off. Nevertheless, a number of the card’s supporters agree that the perks are more than enough to pay for the annual fee.
American Express® Gold Card Features
With this card, you can:
- Earn one point for every dollar – no restrictions on the total number of points.
- Earn up to 10 more points when you purchase at partner retailers.
- Get travel rewards when you pay with points for your next flight or cruise destination.
- Obtain exclusive protection for baggage and all eligible purchase.
- Extend warranties and get return protection automatically.
- Redeem points for virtually anything you want, including gift cards for entertainment, shopping, and dining.
- Get huge discounts when traveling at Gold Card Destinations.
- Stay at a participating hotel without paying for the entire amount. You may even be eligible for free hotel nights.
- Book through the AMEX Gold Hotel Program to get 75 dollars’ worth of extra credits.
Annual Fee vs. Gold Benefits
The American Express® Gold card charges a high annual fee. This annual fee, however, is waived for the first year. To test out whether this card is really for you, you can test out its 12-month introductory period.
If you are a big spender and you use the card frequently, you can earn thousands of points, which you can convert to gift cards or convert to cash of up to $120, which you can use at a great number of retailers. These include Groupon, Barnes and Noble, and Lands’ End among others.
Aside from the rewards on purchases, you can benefit a lot from your Gold Card if you frequently travel. You can save a ton of cash if you often visit the Gold Card Destinations, which include a number of hotels in the United States, Argentina, China, United Kingdom, and Spain among many others.
Disclaimer: This content is not provided or commissioned by American Express. Opinions expressed here are author’s alone, not those of American Express, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by American Express. This site may be compensated through American Express Affiliate Program.