Americanexpress.com/Applycostco The TrueEarnings® Card from Costco and American Express
Many people argue that a generic credit card is much better than a co-branded one. In the case of The TrueEarnings® Card from Costco and American Express, however, it seems that it is more beneficial the other way around. This card is an all-around rewards plastic that has a solid incentives program. It is actually a cash back card that allows cardholders to win a percentage back on almost everything they have purchased.
Advantages of the Americanexpress.com/applycostco Card
Issued by American Express, this card provides cash back whenever you purchase items with it. Although it bears the Costco name, you can earn cash back regardless of whether you purchase at Costco or not. If you are a Costco member, you can qualify for this card and get the annual fee waived. You can even earn up to 3% on certain purchases. To elaborate, here are the top features of the card:
- No annual fee – There is no need for you to pay the annual fee for the card as long as you pay for the Costco membership fee.
- Earn more rewards – Enroll additional users into the account so you can gain rewards faster. This feature is available for free, meaning you can add card members without a fee.
- Cash back – If you purchase at eligible gas stations, you can earn up to 3% cash back. You can earn 2% more if you use your card on purchases at restaurants and travel tickets. 1% cash back is awarded for all other purchases, including those made in Costco. There is no limit on the amount of cash back you gain for a year.
- Access events – Concerts, sports, and family shows can be accessed with this card alone. You can even purchase tickets that are not even up for sale yet. Plus, there are discounts on entertainment and shows for you to enjoy.
- Protection – This card allows you to benefit from the purchase protection plan. It allows you to get up to $50,000 refund on theft or damage of eligible purchases for every policy year. You can also take advantage of the extended warranty and insurance on car rental damage or loss, which are available for free.
Like any other cards, the TrueEarnings® card from Costco has its own downsides. One disadvantage is that its cash back may be earned only for the first $4,000 that you spend within a particular year. Cash back may be earned also only
through eligible purchases, which means that not all purchases are rewarded.
Cash back is compensated in the form of coupons every February. Although you can earn an unlimited number of cash backs, they expire at the end of August each year. Therefore, you should claim your coupons before the said time to avoid the expiration date.
Despite the drawbacks of the TrueEarnings® card from Costco, it is still a must-have for any Costco member. It has a pretty decent rewards structure and you can even enjoy more money-saving opportunities with it.
Want to apply for this card? Get it here.
Disclaimer: This content is not provided or commissioned by American Express. Opinions expressed here are author’s alone, not those of American Express, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by American Express. This site may be compensated through American Express Affiliate Program.
Compare the top Balance Transfer Credit Card Offers - CreditSoup Balance Transfer Cards
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Also, I get commissions for purchases or applications made through links in this post. View our full Advertiser Disclosure Here