Losing your Citibank card can be a scary incident, especially if you don’t know if it’s stolen. Follow these steps below and rest assured it will be taken care of.
If you’ve lost or had your Citibank card stolen, you should report it immediately to prevent any unauthorized transactions. Here are the steps to follow:
- Contact Citibank: Call the Citibank customer service number immediately to report the loss or theft of your card. You can find the phone number on the back of your card or on Citibank’s website. Obviously this doesn’t help if you don’t have your card, so we provided this from the Citibank website. If the card has been lost or stolen, you can request a new card at the Replacement Card Page. If you prefer, you can reach Citi Customer Service at 1-800-950-5114 (For TTY: Use 711 or other Relay Service).
- Be prepared to verify Your Identity: You will be asked to provide your account information and personal identification details such as your name, address, and social security number to verify your identity.
- Let the customer service representative know that your card has been lost or stolen and provide any relevant details such as when and where you last used it.
- Request for Card Replacement: Request for a replacement card and ask about the timeline for delivery. You may also be able to expedite the process for an additional fee.
- Monitor Your Account: Monitor your account closely for any unauthorized transactions and report them immediately.
Remember to stay calm and report the loss or theft of your Citibank card as soon as possible to minimize the risk of fraud or unauthorized transactions on your account.
Use the Citi mobile app. It can do more than you think.
Most mobile apps, like the Citibank mobile app, Can do more than just check balances and pay your balance. Usually most financial apps can freeze and unfreeze cards and get the information the information you need if your card is lost or stolen.
Compare the top Excellent Credit Card Offers - CreditSoup Balance Transfer Cards
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Also, I get commissions for purchases or applications made through links in this post. View our full Advertiser Disclosure Here