Choosing the best credit card for business expenses and travel depends on your specific spending habits and travel preferences. Here are a few top contenders, categorized by their strengths: (these terms are as of 1/15/2024 and change frequently, check with each issuer’s terms for the latest details)
Best for travel rewards and flexibility:
- Chase Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card: This card offers a massive 100,000 bonus points after spending $8,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening, worth $1,000 in travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards® or transferred to travel partners like airlines and hotels. It also earns 3x points on travel and select business categories each year, and points can be redeemed for cash back, gift cards, travel, and more. The annual fee is $95.
- Capital One Spark Miles Select: This card offers a 50,000-mile bonus after spending $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. Miles can be transferred to over a dozen travel partners, or redeemed for statement credits. The annual fee is $95.
Best for high spenders and luxury travel:
- The Business Platinum Card® from American Express: This premium card comes with a hefty $695 annual fee, but it also offers luxurious perks like access to Centurion Lounges and Delta Sky Clubs, up to $200 in Uber credits annually, $200 hotel credit annually as Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant® member, and statement credits for Equinox and CLEAR®. It also earns 5x points on flights and prepaid hotels booked on AmexTravel, and 1.5x points on purchases over $5,000.
- Marriott Bonvoy Boundless® Credit Card: This card caters to frequent Marriott travelers, offering up to 9 Marriott Bonvoy points per dollar spent at Marriott hotels, 6 points per dollar at US supermarkets, and 2 points per dollar on all other purchases. It also comes with an annual free night award after each account anniversary, and elite status at Marriott hotels. The annual fee is $95.
Best for flat-rate cash back:
- Blue Business® Plus Credit Card from American Express: This card offers a simple 2x Membership Rewards points on all purchases, with no annual fee. Points can be redeemed for statement credits, travel, gift cards, and more.
- U.S. Bank Business Triple Cash Rewards World Elite Mastercard®: This card earns 3% cash back on gas stations, office supply stores, cell phone service providers and restaurants, 2% cash back on airfare and hotels, and 1% cash back on all other purchases. It also has a $0 annual fee.
Best for specific airlines or hotels:
- Southwest® Rapid Rewards® Performance Business Credit Card: This card is a great option for frequent Southwest flyers, offering up to 8x points on Southwest Airlines purchases and 3x points on hotels and rental cars booked on Southwest.com. It also comes with a Companion Pass® if you spend $125,000 on purchases in a year. The annual fee is $199.
- Hilton Honors American Express Business Card: This card offers automatic Hilton Honors Silver elite status, 10 free Priority Pass lounge visits per year, and 12x points per dollar at Hilton hotels and 6x points per dollar on flights booked directly with airlines or on select car rentals. The annual fee is $199.
When picking out a credit card for your business, it’s a bit like finding the right pair of shoes. You want something that fits your business’s spending style and travel needs just right. Think about how often you travel and where you spend most of your business funds. Then, it’s like balancing a budget – you’ve got to weigh up the annual fees and interest rates against the rewards you’ll get. Are those points, cashback, or travel perks going to be worth it in the long run? It’s all about making sure the card’s benefits are in sync with your business’s rhythm.
Compare the top Excellent Credit Card Offers - CreditSoup Balance Transfer Cards
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Also, I get commissions for purchases or applications made through links in this post. View our full Advertiser Disclosure Here